Saturday, June 05, 2010

Dbca hangs while creating the database

I came across the following weird issue with dbca, that I wanted to share with others.
I had to create a database on a Linux x86_64 server. When I ran ./dbca , the screens ran through and I answered all the questions and then clicked the last step that creates the database.

dbca just was hung , did not proceed. There was no logs, no errors just nothing! I was puzzled and didn't know where to start digging. Finally there was a problem with my Xming utility, I was missing several font files that oracle needs. AFter reinstalling the X utilities by the sys admin, dbca finished to completion.

So if you are stuck with unexplainable issue with dbca, check your X windows utilities and make sure you have all the required set.

1 comment:

  1. Can you please help with the correct names of utlities the sys admin had to install in linux to correct this issue with dbca?

    ReplyDelete